Ingredients for 1 Person:
- ½ cup (85 g) quinoa or oats (e.g. gluten free oats, amaranth)
- 1/8 TSP cinnamon powder
- a pinch of ground cloves, cardamom, and nutmeg
- a pinch of salt
- 1 squashed ripe banana (rich in potassium, magnesium, and fiber)
- 1 TBSP ground flaxseed or chia seeds (Omega-3 fats)
- optional: 1 TSP unsweetened raw cacao powder (has more antioxidants and nutrients than cocoa)
Cook the quinoa or oats in water (1:2) with the salt and spices in a saucepan with a lid over low heat (5 mins). Add more liquid as required and stir occasionally. Turn off the stove, let it cool down and soak (7 mins). Heat destroys some nutrients. Add the banana, seeds, and cacao.
Topping: Almond butter
Tip: Precook a lot of quinoa and store it in the fridge. Add 2 TBSP of water before adding the rest.
Note: Quinoa has a lot of health benefits and is one of the world’s healthiest foods (protein, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus,…).