Ingredients for 1 Person:
- ½ cup quinoa or oats (e.g. gluten free oats, amaranth)
- cinnamon powder, ground nutmeg, cloves
- a pinch of salt
- 1 squashed ripe banana (rich in potassium, magnesium, and fiber)
- 1 TBSP ground flaxseed or chia seeds (Omega-3 fats)
- optional: unsweetened raw cacao powder (has more antioxidants and nutrients than cocoa)
Cook the oats or quinoa in water with the salt and spices in a saucepan with a lid over medium low heat (5-10 mins. for the oats / 10-15 mins. for the quinoa), stirring occasionally. Add more liquid as required. Turn off the stove and let it cool down a bit. Heat destroys some nutrients. Add the banana, seeds, and cacao.
Topping: Almond butter
Tip: Precook a lot of quinoa and store it in the fridge. Add 2 TBSP of water before adding the rest.