When I started to experiment with plant-based food I began to notice an entirely new world of foods, cuisines, textures and flavours. Since I stopped eating added sugar in 2016 I became sensitized to subtle flavours and most vegetables are now sweet for me.
I cook a lot with fresh vegetables (e.g. sweet potatoes, broccoli, tomatoes, pumpkin, spinach, carrots, mushrooms), legumes (e.g. chickpeas, lentil, beans), gluten free grains (quinoa, millet, buckwheat, amaranth), nut butters, seeds (sesame, flaxseeds, chia), spices (have many health effects), ginger, garlic, coconut oil and lemon juice.
I am very interested in the many different kitchens from all over the world. Cooking is one of my biggest passions and I can spend hours just looking through recipes. Since I am travelling a lot I created some delicious recipes with fresh healthy food that require very little preparation. I use them a lot when staying somewhere with Couchsurfing and they allow me to use their kitchen. Spices I usually have with me: cinnamon (e.g. oatmeal), cumin (e.g. hummus), turmeric, coriander, clove, cardamom, nutmeg and Kala Namak salt (gives the meal an eggy tast).
All recipes are plant-based, mostly gluten free and contain neither added sugar nor palm oil. The measurements of the spices vary depending how spicy, salty, garlicy or sour one likes it.
- Instead of added sugar (makes addicted, sick and is nutrition for cancer, bacteria and parasites): dried fruits (e.g. dates, plums), fresh fruits (e.g. banana, figs) or natural sweetener (e.g. coconut blossom sugar, stevia, xylitol, erythritol)
- Since cancer cells, bacteria and parasites do not care which kind of sugar you eat it is better to reduce your sugar consume in general.
- Instead of butter or margarine: nut butter (e.g. almond butter, peanut butter), avocado, or oil (e.g. olive oil, coconut oil, flax seed oil),
- Do not heat flax seed oil. It loses its health benefits. Store it in the fridge in a dark bottle to prevent oxidation.
- Eat mindfully. Instead of eating while you watch TV, try to pay attention to each bite.