In spring 2014 I went to Japan for 6 weeks. Japan is a highly developed industrial country with a lot of history. Since only a few people speak English there I learnt some Japanese before my visit. For the rest I simply used body language or google translate. I went to Tokyo, Yokohama, Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Fukuoka and Beppu by bus, metro, and train (Japan Rail Pass for the Shinkansen). Most I liked Kyoto and Beppu. Metro and bus is cheap. Trains are a bit more expensive. Riding the Shinkansen is an experience for itself and definitely worth to try.
Many japanese people are very shy, helpful, nice, and extremely polite. I realised they even apologize after helping somebody. They grew up in a collectivist culture where you don’t question a lot of things.
Japan is known for Karaoke, Cat Coffees, hot springs (Onsen) in e.g. Kyoto and Beppu, beautiful parks, many temples, and an interesting and old culture.
- Tokyo: Shibuya by night, Odaiba with Monorail
- Yokohama: Bay, China Town
- Kyoto: Fushimi Inari Shrine and Bamboo Forest hike (highly recommended), another hike: Mt. Kurama + Kurama Onsen, Kamo River (swim, BBQ, lay in the grass, go for a run), Ginkakuji Temple, Path of Philosophy, Nanzenji Temple, the golden pavilion (Kinkaku), good club: @world Kyoto in devil street
- Nara: Free deers everywhere
- Yanagawa river
- Beppu (not very known yet fortunately): Mount Takasaki with Monkeys, Kannawa Onsen for your feet, Umi Jigoku (hells; spectacular hot springs for viewing rather than bathing).
I loved ramen, sushi and mochi (japanese rice cake) the most.
Wow, awesome blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your web site is fantastic, as well as the content!
It is actually a great and helpful piece of info. I’m happy that you shared this useful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.
But wanna tell that this is very helpful , Thanks for taking your time to write this.
I needed to put you one little observation so as to give many thanks again just for the gorgeous tactics you have featured on this page. It’s so shockingly generous of people like you to offer without restraint just what many of us could possibly have supplied as an electronic book to end up making some dough for their own end, specifically considering the fact that you could have tried it in case you wanted. These good tips likewise worked to become a good way to realize that some people have the identical dreams just as my own to grasp good deal more in respect of this issue. I know there are millions of more enjoyable instances up front for folks who read your blog.