This is one of my favourite soups. It is sweet, spicy, and creamy. Turmeric contains compounds with health benefits (e.g. anti-inflammatory, antioxidant). The most important is curcumin. Curcumin is not well absorbed into the bloodstream. Black pepper, fat (fat soluble), and heat enhances the absorption / increases the bioavailability.
Ingredients (4 people)
- 1 TSP virgin coconut oil
- 2 onions, minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 walnut-sized pieces of ginger, minced
- 1/4 TSP turmeric
- 1/8 TSP chilli
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 800 g carrots
- 800 ml water
- 400 ml coconut milk
- In a pan, first sauté the onions in coconut oil until slightly brown. Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, chili, salt, and pepper and sauté briefly.
- Prepare the carrots, cut into pieces, add them to the onions and deglaze with water. Let it simmer for 15-20 mins with a lid.
- Add the coconut milk and mash everything with an immersion blender or in a heat-resistant blender. Add more water if too thick.
- Add potatoes and / or pumpkin.
- Add lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves or curry powder.
This soup is yum! I make it as well with almost the same recipe. It is really-really tasty and the whole family loves it. Thanks for sharing! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Right?! The ingredients are so easy and yet it is mindblowing. Sometimes I add a potato, sweet potato or even some pumpkin.