Muhammara is a roasted red pepper dip from the Middle East with walnuts, pistachio and pomegranate molasses. It tastes sweet, sour, smoky, salty, and is a little bit spicy. For a nut-free version, use sunflower seeds instead of walnuts and pistachios. Serve with fresh pita bread, crackers, vegetable sticks, or Belgian endive. Or use it as a spread on sandwiches.
Ingredients (For 280 g):
- 2 red bell peppers
- 50 g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 20 g pistachios
- 2-3 TBSP (30-45 ml) pomegranate molasses*
- 3 TBSP bread crumbs*
- 1 TSP lemon juice
- ½ TSP salt
- 3/4 TSP chili powder
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ TSP ground cumin
- Chopped pistachios and pomegranate molasses as a garnish
- Roast the bell peppers on a baking sheet in the preheated oven at 210°C circulating air (410°F) for 20-25 minutes. Let them cool down. Then peel away the core, seeds, and the black skin.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor only roughly, because a little texture is nice. Adjust flavour if needed.
- The leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge up to three days. Is eaten at room temperature.
*Homemade bread crumbs:
Put some bread slices on an additional baking sheet while roasting the bell peppers. Take out when the bread is hard. Let cool down. Then grate them to bread crumbs.
*Homemade pomegranate molasses:
One pomegranate contains 1 TBSP pomegranate molasses. After peeling, mix the pomegranate in a food processor. Put the juice through a sieve and then heat it up in a small saucepan over medium heat without lid until it reaches a low boil. Then reduce the heat to a steady simmer and cook until the consistency is syrupy (around 15 minutes). Set aside to cool.
After reading your blog post, I browsed your website a bit and noticed you aren’t ranking nearly as well in Google as you could be. I possess a handful of blogs myself, and I think you should take a look at “seowebsitetrafficnettools”, just google it. You’ll find it’s a very lovely wordpress SEO tools that can bring you a lot more visitors and improve your ranking. Keep up the quality posts